Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies
DURATION: 1 Day
Who should attend?
Individuals with who wish to become competent in testing and tagging electrical equipment in accordance with the Electrical Safety Regulations 2013. This may include persons involved in the building, construction, maintenance, manufacturing, and service industries.
To provide participants with the competency to safely inspect test and tag electrical equipment.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain relevant areas of the Electrical Safety Act and subordinate legislation
- Identify the type of equipment required to be inspected and tested
- Explain the facts about electricity
- Successfully test certain types of electrical equipment and safety switches
- Successfully record tested electrical equipment
Upon successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attendance – please note this certification is accepted by Queensland Workplace Health and Safety and the Queensland Electrical Safety Office as a course that deem persons competent to inspect test and tag.