DURATION: 1 day
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All people wishing to carry out work at heights as prescribed in Qld WH&S Regulations 2011. There are no specific requirements for entry into this course. However the practical component does require a certain level of fitness.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Outline appropriate legislative requirements and responsibilities
- Outline the basic concepts of workplace health & safety in Queensland
- Identify heights
- Apply basic risk management concepts including hazard identification, assessment of risk, control of risk and evaluation of control measures as they apply to safely working at heights
- Applying the hierarchy of controls (eliminate, substitute, redesign, isolate, administrate and use of personal protective equipment) as they apply to confined spaces
- Identify and apply emergency procedures and rescue