DURATION: 8 hrs
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All persons who are required to operate machinery near or around overhead power lines and maintain distances as required by the Electrical Safety Act 2002 and Electrical Safety Regulations 2013. This includes: Cane Operators, Backhoe and Excavator Operators, Tip Truck Drivers, Plant Operators, Tree Trimmers Etc.
To provide participants with a basic understanding of the required distances for safe working around overhead electrical equipment.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain the basic facts about electricity
- Understand the effects of electricity on the human body
- Identify overhead voltages
- Identify overhead pole mounted equipment
- State Acts and Regulations
- Perform safeworking practices
- Understand risk management techniques for working around electrical assets