DURATION: 2 hrs
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All persons who undertake any form of manual handling. This includes: Managers Supervisors and workers involved with lifting and moving objects large or small.
To provide participants with an understanding of the Manual Handling Process.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Outline appropriate legislative requirements and responsibilities
- Outline the basic concepts of workplace health and safety in Queensland
- Identify Hazards and Risks
- Apply basic manual handling processes
- Apply basic risk management concepts including hazard identification, assessment of risk, control of risk and evaluation of control measures as they apply to manual handling
- Apply the hierarchy of controls (eliminate, substitute, redesign, isolate, administrate and use of personal protective equipment) as they apply to manual handling
- Each participant will be issued with a Statement of Attendance