Download Course Brochure
DURATION – 1 Day
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is perfect for all elected HSRs under the WHS Act who have previously completed the approved initial five-day training course (or the equivalent training approved under the transitional provision of the WHS Regulations).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills for them to fulfill the role as the companies elected Health and Safety Representative and to meet the entitlement as prescribed by legislation.
- WHS legislative framework and key terminology
- Duties of various stakeholders which can influence work health and safety
- Enforcement measures available for breached of WHS legislation
- The role of unions and WHS entry permit holders under the WHS act
- Requirements for consultation, representation and participation on work health and safety issues in the workplace
- The role of Health and Safety Representatives (HSR), Health and Safety Committee, and other authorise representatives
- HSR’s powers including the issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices (PIN’s)