DURATION – 5 Days
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is perfect for the person who is elected into the role of a Health and Safety Representative for their company or organisation. The new Work Health and Safety Act and Regulation 2011 requires that where a person is elected as a Health and Safety Representative, they are required to attend a five day training course prescribed under regulation, and refresher courses at least every three years.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills for them to fulfill the role as the companies elected Health and Safety Representative and to meet the entitlement as prescribe by legislation.
- WHS legislative framework and key terminology
- Duties of various stakeholders which can influence work health and safety
- Enforcement measures available for breached of WHS legislation
- The role of unions and WHS entry permit holders under the WHS act
- Requirements for consultation, representation and participation on work health and safety issues in the workplace
- The role of Health and Safety Representatives (HSR), Health and Safety Committee, and other authorise representatives
- HSR’s powers including the issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices (PIN’s)