CPCCDE301A – Remove non-friable asbestos
DURATION – 1 Day
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for any person who is carrying out work involving removal of more than 10m2 of bonded non-friable asbestos, asbestos containing material (ACM) or asbestos containing debris (ACD).
Persons undertaking this course must provide Statement of Attainment for CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
On successful completion of this training participants will:
- Understand how to safely remove and dispose of non-friable (bonded) asbestos
- Correctly use personal protection equipment to minimise their exposure and understand the proper procedures for decontamination
- Minimise the risk of exposure to asbestos fibres for themselves and others
- Understand legal obligations under asbestos legislation and asbestos codes of practice
- Understand the health risks associated with asbestos exposure
- Implement Emergency procedures when dealing with asbestos incidents
- Understand asbestos identification, risk assessment approaches, asbestos registers and asbestos management plans.