DURATION – 1 Day
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for any person who is carrying out work involving removal of more than 10m2 of bonded non-friable asbestos, asbestos containing material (ACM) or asbestos containing debris (ACD).
Persons undertaking this course must have completed CPCCOH1001A Work safely in the Construction Industry or other suitable Construction Induction training.
On successful completion of this training participants will:
- Understand how to safely remove and dispose of non-friable (bonded) asbestos
- Correctly use personal protection equipment to minimise their exposure and understand the proper procedures for decontamination
- Minimise the risk of exposure to asbestos fibres for themselves and others
- Understand legal obligations under asbestos legislation and asbestos codes of practice
- Understand the health risks associated with asbestos exposure
- Implement Emergency procedures when dealing with asbestos incidents
- Understand asbestos identification, risk assessment approaches, asbestos registers and asbestos management plans.